Dec 16, 2021

Season's greetings

As we count down the days until semester break, I want to express my gratitude for everyone’s extraordinary efforts to promote student success while dealing with an ongoing challenging situation. I am continually grateful to be part of a community that supports its employees, and employees who rally around students to give them as normal of an educational experience as possible.

Earlier this week, I watched the news coverage of a tornado that struck western Kentucky and the devastating loss of life that took place. My heart was broken for the Mayfield, Ky., community, and I began to reflect on how thankful and grateful I am. It is easy to get caught up into day-to-day problems, but if we think about our blessings, we usually come out on the plus side.

Our CFISD students continue to be a blessing to others. It has made me so proud to see student groups participating in the act of holiday giving, whether it is donating to an organization such as Toys for Tots or singing carols to senior citizens at a retirement home. Let’s celebrate our young people who understand the meaning of the season!



I hope you enjoy your break and get some rest and recovery from the fall semester to take with you into the spring. Please enjoy a brief video that reminds us why we do what we do as a school district. Let’s be prepared to bring out our best in 2022.


Mark Henry, Ed.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment