Nov 19, 2021

Thankfulness

As the Thanksgiving break approaches, I am reflective of all that I have to be thankful for. Family, friends, faith and good health are all near the top of the list, but right behind those blessings is this incredible school district. I am grateful to serve as your superintendent, where I have had a front-row seat for so much growth and achievement over the last 11 years.

I am proud of what we have already accomplished in the 2021-2022 school year. Students and staff have responded tremendously to so many changes to their routines over the last couple of years, yet still continue to perform at a high level. Parents have also been instrumental to student success, and we have been happy to welcome you back for many more on-campus activities. Thank you all for your patience through a challenging time.

At the beginning of this school year, I gave our district leaders and staff a three-word challenge, Check Your Corners, which served as a reminder to check on students, colleagues and families who may need additional help. We also want to make sure we take a personal inventory of how we can improve ourselves. Three months into the school year, I have been so pleased with everyone’s additional efforts to make our campuses and district stronger. Although the work isn’t complete, I want to thank all of our staff for giving a little extra, on purpose (that’s lagniappe!) to help CFISD achieve its full potential.  

This next week, I encourage you to take some “you” time. Surround yourself with those you love, eat and be merry, rest your mind and body and count your blessings. Enjoy your Thanksgiving break, and I look forward to welcoming you back on Nov. 29 as we finish the semester strong.

Mark Henry, Ed.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment