Dec 18, 2014

Happy Holidays!


If anyone says I’ve done something silly in the name of public education, I have no clue what they are talking about:

 
 
While I may not make all the other reindeer shout out with glee, I have certainly enjoyed “guiding this sleigh” throughout the fall. In a perfect ending to the semester, a commemorative marker was unveiled in front of Cy-Fair High School on Dec. 9—the date of the 75th Anniversary of our school district. What a special honor to be there among so many legends in our district’s history, and what a treat to take a photo with all 10 of our high school mascots:
 


Remember that you can purchase 75th Anniversary commemorative items such as the cookbook, Arts & Literary Book and Cy-Fair-Opoly board game through the 75th Anniversary E-Store. They make great gifts for the holidays!

 
This semester has indeed been a fun ride, but I am pleased to say it will extend one more day for the Cypress Ranch High School Mustangs, who compete in the Division I Class 6A state championship game on Saturday.




After defeating Converse Judson at the Alamodome last weekend, the Mustangs will meet Allen High School at 8 p.m. on Dec. 20 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. For those unable to make the trip, the game will also be broadcast live on Fox Sports Southwest. I encourage you all to show communitywide support for Cypress Ranch as they follow the road to state and use the #CFISDMustangs hashtag on social media. I am so proud of gestures like these that have already been displayed:



 
 
I know we are all looking forward to a break as we spend time with loved ones this holiday season. Thank you for a great year. I’ll see you back safe and sound in 2015.
 
 
~ Mark Henry, Ed.D.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment